CareSens II Blood Glucose Monitoring Test Strips
CareSens II Bloood Glucose Meter Test Strips Designed to work with CareSens II meters. These strips require coding to match the meter with the batch of test strips.
These strips require coding to match each batch of test strips to the CareSens II meter.
0.5µl whole blood sample
How to use
These strips require coding to match each batch of test strips to the CareSens II.
A. PREPARING THE LANCING DEVICE
- Unscrew and remove the adjustable tip.
- Insert a new disposable lancet firmly into the carrier.
- Twist off and set aside the protective cover of the disposable lancet and replace the adjustable tip.
- Set the depth of penetration that you want to use; in thicker skin areas use a higher number; in thin sensitive skin areas use a lower number. Rotate the top portion of the adjustable tip until the setting number matches the arrow.
- Cock the lancing device by pulling on the sleeve until the device clicks.
B. PREPARING THE METER AND TEST STRIP
- Wash your hands and the site from which the blood will be drawn.
- Gently insert the square end of the test strip into the meter port with its contact bars facing upwards. The strip with blood drop symbol should appear on the screen.
- Get a blood sample using your lancing device (see instructions above).
- Touch the pointed tip of the strip into the blood droplet on your finger, making sure the blood fills up the small window on the black side of the strip. Note: You only need about 0.5μl of blood (about the size of a pinhead).
- Once the blood sample has filled the confirmation window, the meter will beep. If the window hasn’t filled, an Er4 message will appear.
- The test result will appear after the meter counts down from 5 to 1. The result will automatically be stored in the meter’s memory.
Note: the test strip must be inserted into your meter before applying blood to the pointed end. This switches on the meter; a number will come up on the screen of the meter (CareSens II only); this must correspond to the code number on the container from which the test strip was taken. After checking the code number, the meter screen will show a flashing icon of a blood droplet and shows that the meter is ready to be used. You then have about two minutes to complete the test.